Phlogiston

Friday, August 04, 2006

MindFellas

I had the oddest dream last night.

I was in a dark place, a light fog drifting across the floor. At first it was empty, but after a moment, I could see that the entire space was filled with thousands of trinkets scattered about. And all of them seemed...familiar somehow.

Then, this man stepped out of the shadows. He was dressed in a finely tailored pinstriped suit. He held a gray fedora in his hands and he smiled as he approached me.

"Nice psyche you got here," he said with a thick Brooklyn accent, "be a shame if...something...were to happen to it."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, bewildered.

"Nothin'. Maybe you wake up one morning and some precious childhood memories are missing. Or maybe you uncover something so terrible about your past that it causes you to crumple up into a ball, sobbing. Or maybe nothin'."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Me? No! I'm just a concerned citizen. A concerned citizen who could maybe help you out."

"This is about money!"

"Most things are. I'll let you think it over. Have a good night's sleep." He waved and disappeared back into the darkness.

Weird, huh? I mean, there's no way it could be true, and even if it was, I don't think that I'd fork over...OH GOD DADDY WHY?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home