Phlogiston

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Keeley Cure

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've known about this for a while (it hangs in my cubicle at work), and I promise you that it is 100% true. Whether or not Dr. Leslie E. Keeley is indeed related to yours truly, is up for debate.

But I like to think that one of my ancestors helped people to cure their drug addictions...by injecting them with "bichloride of gold" (which is chemically impossible compound).

"The Keeley Cure"--a Irishy-sounding ballad that parodied the famous treatment. It was apparently recorded before the invention of instruments.

If there's any musicians out there willing to cover this hilarious ditty, you have my permission, such as its worth. Just send me a cut of the dough, preferably in gold coins. I have some tinctures to make...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home